John 3:16
Advertise here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off-road SUVs, Pick-up Trucks / 2018 JL WRANGLER CONCEPT JEEPS
« Last post by Craw on January 31, 2018, 01:26:41 AM »
Concept Jeeps they have are the Apocalypse Jeep, the Overland Jeep, and the Beach Jeep.

Saw this at ExtremeTerrain.com. Here's the link:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-parts.html

-
Jeep has overhauled the flagship Wrangler for 2018, citing it as their most capable off-road performer yet, available with a new 2.0L turbo four-cylinder, a soon-to-be released diesel and of course the tried-and-true 3.6L Pentastar V6. A large portion of Wrangler ownership is the candid aftermarket world of modifications that allows owners to equip their Jeep to suit their own taste and performance levels. That said, being a new model, what can be expected of the aftermarket for the new JL Wrangler? Below are three concept Jeeps –Apocalypse Jeep, Beach Jeep and Overland Jeep—that are intended to showcase some unique and popular avenues in which to use and take the new JL Wrangler to the next level.
-

Off-road SUVs, Pick-up Trucks / Re: Spotted!
« Last post by Craw on January 19, 2018, 04:28:12 AM »
Going through my backup files and came across a photo of my 2 former Vitaras. Mr. Brownstone on the left and Ate V on the right.

Modifications 101 / Simple 1-Day Upgrade Install
« Last post by Craw on January 08, 2018, 05:30:59 AM »
Check this simple 1-day upgrade install by our friend Pablo Ascobar of Ironman 4x4 Philippines!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdptRPYHTGG/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trails & Other 4x4 Destinations / Re: What's your favorite trail/destination?
« Last post by scrubnurse on December 25, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »
i just love Ras al Khaimah (one of the 7 emirates in th UEA) it has sand dunes, rocky mountains and even mountain bike trails.
https://pinterest.com/pin/667729082224916475/?source_app=android
https://pinterest.com/pin/667729082224916502/?source_app=android

* Edited to remove IMG tags so links will show in post. -Craw
Driving Technique Advisory / Re: Whoops! (Driving Fails)
« Last post by Craw on December 13, 2017, 05:33:23 AM »
Trails & Other 4x4 Destinations / What's your favorite trail/destination?
« Last post by Craw on December 13, 2017, 02:54:24 AM »
As the subject line goes: What's your favorite? Let's also share why it's your favorite. I also hope you guys could share some pictures (4x4 action shots preferred! ;D )

I'll start. Since I had my first taste of 4-wheeling in Tanay, Rizal, and with the hospitality of Wolf Den, his parents, Kuya Dennis and the rest of the Javier clan, I consider my "growing up" place to be Jungle Base.

The trails around there have so much to offer: mud, ruts, rocks, sand, river crossings, etc., and the varying degrees of difficulty levels from beginner-friendly trails to extreme adventures for hardcore enthusiasts, it's no wonder numerous 4-wheel-drive clinics have been held there, and the weekends fill the surrounding trails with different 4x4 groups and clubs.

I remember when my family and I moved to Marikina, my wife, Slim, and I were excited by the fact that we're so much closer to Tanay (if I remember correctly we were living in Mandaluyong before then) and we were up in Jungle Base almost every weekend, if only to lounge around the Daraitan River, which my kids enjoyed so much.

How about you guys?

General Discussions / Re: Idiots Caught by Dashcams
« Last post by Craw on December 13, 2017, 02:36:24 AM »
those motorcycle guys have the guts because of the ff:

1.  4-wheel vehicles always try to avoid hitting them as most of those 2-wheel guys cannot afford to pay for the damages
2.  Our stupid law that protects 2-wheel vehicles in all accidents involving 4-wheel vehicles
3.  they don't care because they don't know and they don't care to know
4.  all of the above plus other reasons

I agree on all points! It's very obvious a lot of the drivers on the road (not only motorcycle drivers) think just knowing how to operate a vehicle is enough. I also know part of the blame goes to the government for not putting a good educational system in place.
General Discussions / Re: Idiots Caught by Dashcams
« Last post by SSR-G on December 12, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
those motorcycle guys have the guts because of the ff:

1.  4-wheel vehicles always try to avoid hitting them as most of those 2-wheel guys cannot afford to pay for the damages
2.  Our stupid law that protects 2-wheel vehicles in all accidents involving 4-wheel vehicles
3.  they don't care because they don't know and they don't care to know
4.  all of the above plus other reasons
General Discussions / Idiots Caught by Dashcams
« Last post by Craw on December 12, 2017, 09:53:38 AM »
I just saw this and I thought maybe some of you guys have some footages you could share.

General Discussions / MMDA sets Dry Run for High Occupancy Vehicle Lane (Let's Discuss)
« Last post by Craw on December 12, 2017, 03:24:17 AM »
What are your thoughts on this?

Here's the original article (link and text) --
http://mmda.gov.ph/44-news/news-2017/2759-mmda-sets-dry-run-for-high-occupancy-vehicle-lane

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will conduct a one-week dry run on the implementation of High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane along Edsa starting on Monday, December 11, 6am.

MMDA Assistant General Manager for Planning Jojo Garcia announced the proposed traffic mitigation measure in a press conference held today at the MMDA main building in Makati City.

According to Garcia, the implementation for dry run of HOV Lane located at the fifth and left most lane along Edsa, was approved by the Metro Manila Council (MMC) during its meeting yesterday, December 5, 2017.

Garcia said only those with two passengers or more would have the privilege to pass through the HOV Lane. Motorcycle riders can also use the said lane aside from the motorcycle lane in the fourth lane. Private car drivers with no companion can still use the motorcycle lane (2nd) and third lane from the MRT.

Violators will be apprehended via no-contact apprehension policy and will be meted P500 fine.

Garcia also hinted of another “incentive” if the proposed HOV lane will be proven effective.

Aside from the HOV lane, the MMC also approved to lower the speed limit from a maximum of 60 kilometer per hour to 50 kph. The said measure was to further minimize vehicular accidents.

Meanwhile, Garcia said the MMC has decided to defer action on the proposed odd-even scheme and the two-day number coding scheme.

The MMC, composed of the seventeen Metro Manila mayors, is the policy-making body of the MMDA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise here

Advertise here